One of our favorite things to do at SBS is to help our clients save money. One of the ways in which we are able to do that is with the services we provide in the home. We are able to utilize all of the companies we represent to evaluate our client’s current situation and help them get set up with coverage that fits both their needs AND their budget.
Another great way we like to help our clients save money is through some of the links we’ve listed below. We’ve included 12 programs that (depending on your current situation) may be a way for you to receive certain discounts, benefits, and/or other assistance you may need.
Check them out!
- Needy Meds
- Provides free or discounted medicine to people who are unable to afford them. It also connects patients to the assistance programs that best suit their individual needs. They don’t charge users nor do they require personal information from them.
- Good Rx
- Compares prices for prescriptions at nearby pharmacies and where you can get the best deal.
- Compare Prescription Drug Plans and Medicare Advantage plans to see pricing and available plans in your state and county. This is a great way to save money on prescriptions. You can also compare Retail vs. Mail Order costs as well.
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
- Many states offer help paying drug plan premiums and/or other drug costs.
- Allows you access to more than 13,000 participating gyms / fitness center locations nationwide as long as you are part of a participating health insurance plan.
- AARP Membership
- Anyone 50 years of age or older can become a member and receive discounts to healthcare products, automobile insurance, homeowner’s insurance, travel, dining, entertainment, phone plans, and more.
- At Your Best
- AARP Medicare Supplement members can automatically get 50% off a gym membership in select states (including Missouri) to participating YMCAs and fitness centers. This also has one-to-one wellness coaching, events and classes in the community.
- Zenni Optical
- Makes custom eyeglasses that come directly from their factory to you. There is no middleman, or retail-space overhead, which makes these glasses extremely affordable.
- The Senior List
- This is a great place to find discounts for restaurants, retail, travel, grocery, retirement, and more.
- Benefits Check Up
- Free service of the National Council on Aging (NOCA) that helps identify benefits that could save you money and cover the costs of expenses such as: medications, food, utilities, legal, health care, housing, in-home services, taxes, transportation, employment training.
- Meals on Wheels
- The oldest and largest national organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based senior nutrition programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation.
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- Helps older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible.
Thanks for reading! We hope that some of these may be of benefit to you. If you have any questions about any of the programs listed, don’t hesitate to call our SBS office at:
Join the Discussion